Tuesday, April 22, 2008

wes is home!

Wes is home from the hospital!!!
Praise the Lord!!!
I got a report from Allison
(his sister who normally lives in OKC, but pretty much moved her life here to take care of wes)
and she said he was eatng a lot, and had a better attitude.
A few days ago he was requesting all seasons of some show, and that is a HUGE improvement.
Anyways, I think I was stop by Garfield Street and visit him Thursday.
-
-
-
On a sad note, friday was a tough day at work for me.
I haven't really really had one of my patients die in a Code situation, they are usually DNR's.
And when I was on my last day of orientation in CCU (in october) I had my first,
but i didn't really count it b/c I was on orientation.
Friday I had my first (she was a limited DNR, but the only thing she didn't want was
chest compressions).
Anyway, it was super sucky. Boo.
It made me think like my dear friend Susanne, I may open my own coffee shop
instead of being a nurse.
-
-
-
On another note again.
Someone put a note on our car that said she was trying to move a rock out of the way of our tire so it wouldn't pop, and she threw it and crazked our sideview mirror. what in the heck. how does that happen? how fraeking hard do you throw a rock out of that way. anyways, long story short, she wrote that she has no money, but will do what she can. oh dear.
-
-
-
GREEN DAY (not the band).
I will list things like Lo, b/c I too like lists.
Things I do to stay Green:
~bring reusable bags to all stores/don't take a bag if not needed (king soopers and whole foods
gives you money back for each bag)
~recycle EVERYTHING, even take it out of other people's trash to recycle
~drive old ghetto cars to get good gas-milage
~ride our bikes when possible
~bring reusable cups/mugs/bottles everywhere i can
~buy local
~buy organic
~buy fresh
~buy bamboo (renewable resource)
~never use heat/cool unless i am about to die
~def don't shower everyday... who does that?
~live close to work/school for less commuting
~grow own herbs/veggies
~shut off water when brushing teeth
~cam doesn't shave so we save water that way
~use hardle any lights b/c our apt just doesn't have them (one in kitchen and one in bathroom)
~ un-plug stuff that is not in use (toaster/stereo/fans/computer...)
~someday will use cloth diapers (when i have a kid)
~re-use glasses at home (and not wash them til they are gross)
~re-use as much paper as possible before recycling it
okay just face it I AM GREEN
and it's my fav color
-
-
-
pray for cameron, not only are the next 4 weeks gonna be terror,
but he just found out that the next 2 will be the worst of his 2 years at denver seminary.
Just getting things finished and turned in and studied for and researched.
it sucks, on top of having ADHD and being super sleep deprived and not ever hearing his 3 alarms to wake up. Just pray for his sanity (and mine :)).
I asked him what I could do for him, and I said OH I KNOW
Liz:"i will stop taking to you for the next 2 weeks"
Cam "Or i will just get a hotel for the next 2 weeks and just shoot you an email every few days to catch up with you"
Liz :that just might work :)"
Plus it's like 70 degrees here and all he wants to do is MTB.
-
PS:::::::: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO THE DAVID CANNON FAMILY:they got cam a new computer and a lot of other awesome things!! The comp will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Mike and Susanne said...

Um...you don't shower every day?


Just kidding, that is all cool and I'm proud of you. Somebody stole our recycle bin, but I got us a new one. I thought you would be proud of me.

We should totally open our own coffee shop. I'm still up for it (although I can only work 1 day a week.)

Mike and Susanne said...

Oh, and most importantly...yeah for your friend Wes!! I'm excited that he is home now! Praise God!

Mike and Susanne said...

Oh, and most importantly...yeah for your friend Wes!! I'm excited that he is home now! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I love you too Liz!

Ryan and Katie said...

That rock/tire/note thing is hilarious. It sounds like something that would happen to me by trying to do a nice thing for a stranger. Haha

lauren and brad said...

you have a craaaaazy life! i love it!

i will be thinking about cam these next few weeks. but for you too because now i know how bad it sucks to have a hubbie in grad school. sick! :(