Sunday, April 25, 2010
i have not been to the thrift store.
which is good and bad.
anyways... i was on my way home, and i decided to drive down the alley...
here, everyone puts things in the alley...
some good, some bad, some make you wanna puke.
well, another post later, but i made a bench for $1.
just some "bargain bin" wood from home depot ($0.51 each)
but i have some outdoor fabric scraps that i wanted to make a cushion for the bench.
so i needed some old cushions or something to recover.
but they had to be free.
so back to the alley.
i found a freaking CHAISE LOUNGE (no pic yet).
it was a nice indoor one, that was all fabric covered.
the only problem was that it had NO cushions...
the only thing i really needed.
so here is little ole me, in the honda civic hatchback, trying to get this chaise in this mini car.
luckily it was light weight, and i only had to drive a few blocks with this thing hanging out the back of the car. i am sure it was a sight.
so cam and i drag it into the garage, where it is living now, until i can get some cushions.
and until it's nice.
i think we will use it out in the backyard to relax, read, and have people over.
i know i can make it great!!!!
so i have been looking on craigslist for free couches and chairs to mainly just get some cushions.
i have found some winners, but just havent had the urge to go get stuff yet.
maybe next week.
ill keep you posted!
ps: t-19 days til africa!!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
the top of the 2 hour hike...
won't get into it, but the hike part sucked.
but the view... oh the view was worth it.
me and bethany
so a list of things:
1. we met a girl named "red turtle"
2. we had some amazing warmed milk (chai like) for dessert
3. i had a sugar scrub and B had a facial and they were amazing
4. bethany opened her hips and i improved my breathing
5. we did yoga one time in the "yoga cabin"
and there was a fire going in the fireplace
6. there was a guy there that looked like chris kramer with brown hair.
7. lots of gals didn't shave.
8. one of the girls in our room was so weird, and was studying cell division for the fun of it
9. we got to do Om's (which i had never done)
10. we did lion's breath (or something like that) and it was fun
11. we learned a lot about the yogi lifestyle.
12. there was a woman monk there.
13. it was beautiful and serene
14. we were starving to death most days
and thought we wouldnt even make it to the meals, and during yoga you could ALWAYS hear my belly growling :)
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
(it's not perfect by any means, but i did it, and i love it!)