Wednesday, April 02, 2008

wes #2

Title above (Wes #2) seems appropriate since all of this is about wes's pooping
but it was very unintentional....
it was the title of hunter's email, so I stole it :)
-
-
This is from Hunter (one of our pastors):
Hey again to everyone.
I was just up at the ICU waiting room. I did not see Wes, but I did see Dave,
who looks like a trucker at the end ofa cross-country trip.
Anyway, Wes is doing much better.
He's been eating ice and even walked around a bit.
Whatever pain medicine they concocted has done great,
and since it's non-narcotic they're able togive him a steady stream of it.
It has lifted his spirits quite a bit and his
heart rate has been coming down,
which indicates that it was probably stress-related.
He still has a long road ahead to being released,
but the situation is much more encouraging today than it was24 hours ago.
Thanks for praying! HB
-
-
-
Some of you already got this via Facebook,
but in case you didn't,
here's an update on Wes from Allison, his sister...
So My mom flew home yesterday and will follow up with a cardiologist in oklahoma city to figure out what is causing her fast heart rate.
(this is liz: if I forgot to mention, during all this his momma
had a freaking stroke but then they ruled that out,
but her heart is all screwy) She seems to be doing better.
Wes is getting moved to the 5th floor, a regular med/surg floor this
afternoon. He got the NG tube pulled out, due to the fact that he didn't
have very much residual sucked out after the tube was clamped.
They did say his ileostomy (poo bag) wasn't putting much out so
he might still have and ileus (a twisting of the small intestine
that blocks the bowels from moving), but they told him he can start
with water, ice chips and clear liquids today, but I think wes is wanting
to take it really slow. His heart rate is still in the 120s but they think
that it will normalize on its own.
His Dr. Said he would be here at least another week to make sure
he is as healthy as he can be before he goes home.
BIG PICTURE: He is most likely going to have an ileostomy
for 6months to a year and allow that pouch to completely heal.
Prayer Requests:
-Wes's Heart Rate will continue to normalize
-His stomach will continue to function normallly and he will be able to
progress to clear liquids and eventually solid diet.
(Wes despises NG> Tubes)
-Pain Management, his pain is better but I think he still is hurting quite a bit.
Once again thanks for the prayers and, I don't think he is up for
visitors yet, but I will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

steve said...

fyi - I was up at the hospital last night bringing something to LB and I saw Wes and talked with him for about 5 minutes. he's definitely not looking his best, but he was eating on some ice chips and he was talking a little. it was obvious he was on alot of pain meds and kind of loopy, but he said he was glad he was out of the ICU becuase it was "cold and too serious". id say having visitors probably isnt the best thing for him although he didnt seem to mind that I was there. after less than 5 minutes, I felt like I was keeping him up so I left.

I'd definitely wait for the go-ahead from Dave/Allison/Renee before going to see him.

so theres my first-hand update