Tuesday, June 12, 2007

good jorrrrrrbbbb!


Intensive Care Medicine or critical care medicine is a branch of medicine concerned with the provision of life support or organ support systems in patients who are critically ill and who usually require intensive monitoring.
Well folks, less than a week ago I made the final call for MTU at Swedish Medical Center. I came to my breaking point. I decided no more MTU for me... I am moving on to bigger and better things at Swedish. So Friday, I called the CCU (Critical Care Unit) and spoke to the Manager and got an interview for today.
I interviewed at 2pm, and by 2:45pm I had myself a job on CCU!!!
I will probably start mid-July, just to give MTU a chance to fill up a few more empty nursing spots. But I am pumped. My friend Michelle was really my inspiration. She will also be going to CCU in July (but she has about 5 years of CCU experience prior to coming here). Anyway, I am pumped.
I know it will be tough, but I also know I will love my job, and be more excited to go to work.
The only downfall is that it is a weird schedule. 3-3. So I will be working 3pm-3am. Nights, but better than getting up at 2am to go to work. I will at least be able to go to sleep when it's dark out, and wake up when it's light (prob around noon!).
Yeah!
I will post more about the job when I start!

2 comments:

Lane Adair said...

congrats lizzie lou! even though I don't know what all that jargon means, sounds exciting!

lauren and brad said...

Congratulations!