Tuesday, January 02, 2007

More snow...again






Well, let me just say, it has been a wild ride! I worked Christmas day, and it really wasn't that bad. I worked with some great people, and ate some great food (and lots of it). Meanwhile at the house.... Cameron and Steve were having manly McXmas. They didn't wake up until late b/c they had sledded in the middle of the night, played Xbox, and other boyish things. Christmas day they did more of the same. When I got home, they had planned a terrific dinner for me. Duck, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, etc. It was yummy! The next day Cam and I ran errands and saw a movie! I had to go back to work on the 28th (thursday)... and wouldn't you be so happy to know that I got stuck in the Snow Disaster Plan AGAIN>>>AHHH. But, it wasn't as bad as last time, and the snow wasn't coming down as hard. I convinced the boss to let me drive home b/c we have chains and we only live 2 miles away. I basically had to sign in blood that I would return Friday. Which I did without problem. The system ended up working me.... long story, but i worked several hours on friday, was able to go home, but had to come back for saturday and sunday. Anyway, it was crazy, and I was so glad to come home to a SUPER CLEAN house (by cam) on Sunday night. We had lots of people over for new years eve, and used the balcony with snow still piled high on it as our ice chest!!!! We ate, drank, and were very merry!!!! I slept in until 11:00... a record for me since highschool i think!!! The snow is still really deep, but all roads are completely clear except apt complexes and things like that. Today is a great day, Cameron started school again (not so great, but it puts him in a routine), i got all the paperwork and finances in order, i finally got a dr's appt (just a checkup), and i FINALLY got the courage up to make an appt for a haircut... it is at 4pm today!!! Tomorrow we will finally get our car registered in CO and get CO plates, and at 2pm I have an interview at St. Joseph's hospital, Cardiac Unit!!!! I also have today, tomorrow, and Thursday off of work, so I am pumped!!!! It has been super cold outside, and I don't think the snow will ever melt. I love the snow, but am getting a little tired of every patient I have having a broken hip/leg/head from falling on the snow/ice. I am sorry I didn't blog sooner, but well, you know...? Hopefully Progressive will call us soon saying they spoke to the drunk driver who hit me, and I will be able to get the car fixed up shiny and new!!!!! Until then.... here are some snow pics!

No comments: