Monday, January 15, 2007

Poor Schnoozy

Oh Man... lots of crazy things going, but I will try to fit them all in.
#1 my cousin Lane makes me so jealous (laneadair.blogspot.com) just read it. My other cousin Lauren flipped a house, and it's the coolest (laurenandbrad.blogspot.com)

#2 I have been sick for about 5 days coughing, sneezing, headache, grossness, and don't worry i sneezed so hard yesterday morning, i strained a muscle in my back. How embarrassing. Seriously. I went to the Dr. today and he told me some stretches to do, and gave me some Tylenol #3 (which is the only pain meds i have ever had in my life) (it's weird).

#3 Yesterday Schnooze didn't feel well, and threw up in the morning. Cam took her out to pee, and then we left for church. We came home to 2 big poops and a diarrhea spot. Then throughout the day she got worse. Throwing up more and more, and a few diarrheas, one we caught in time to get her out, the other explosive and on the kitchen floor. More throw up and more diarrhea later, we moved her to the bathroom with her bed and 2 rolls of paper towels. It started to get scary, b/c I knew she was dehydrated. But worse of all, it was getting bloody, and pretty bloody i might add. So we started looking for Emergency Vets and how much that would be. We called and talked to a tech who said we should probably bring her in and it would be $95 for the visit (which didn't seem SOOOOO bad).
We get there and poor little thing was so pitiful I almost was crying. They said she probably had some bacteria called HCG and it was VERY treatable, but she needed to stay the night and get and IV of fluids and some anti-nausea meds, then in the morning take her to our regular vet.
Well it was hard to leave my little baby, but she was in good hands. I didn't sleep at all last night, b/c I kept waking up thinking about Schnooze. We picked her up this morning and she seemed to be back to her old self. We dropped her off at the vet and she is getting more IV fluids and making sure she can hold down food and water, and we will get her later today!

#4 Crazy drunk lady (who come to find out was 8x the legal limit... no biggy right..yeah whatever) who hit my car, STILL has never contacted back her insurance, and so they are finally gonna come look at our car to see when we can get it in or whatever. And they said they would call todya before they came, but yet gave us no time frame. So annoying. I told them to call back at 3pm, but Cam still isnt back yet...AHH!

#5 Cam's parents are flying us to Plano for Momma Lea Ann's birthday!!! It will be the first weekend in Feb! Cool huh?

#6 Uncle Kim & Derek are the rockingest uncles ever and their wedding present to us is a new washing maching. our old one smells like burning belts everytime we wash :). It is coming Friday!!!!

#7 that is all i can think of. My head hurts so I will go lay down. Miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good blog...i feel reconnected. sorry to hear about schnooze, poor baby. have you seen my blog today? :) miss you! hope you feel better. xoxo

Lane Adair said...

#8 LIz is the coolest because she knitted me the raddest scarf ever and since its been below freezing this whole week I can even sport it in SoCal! sorry about the poopy puppy but yay for new washing machines!