Sunday, December 24, 2006

SO MUCH SNOW!

So, wednesday it started to snow, Cam got me to work fine though. There was crazy talk about having to go into Snow Disaster Mode, but I thought nahhh. Anyway, minute by minute the snow got worse and worse. They put us in Snow Disaster Mode, which means, you are not allowed to elave the hospital until we are out of the SDM. So.... I got to spend 36 straight hours at the hospital. Lucky enough for me, Cam was able to get me some clothes and stuff at 2pm so I could change. And I was also lucky that the night shift was able to get there, so I could sleep. It wasn't a great sleep, but at least I got some. I worked all day Thursday (I was scheduled anyway), but some people had to stay at work even though there was enough staff, just sitting around, just in case night shift couldnt get there. It was NUTS... people were mad, angry, crying, upset, it was a disaster in itself. I decided that i would leave that night anyway, b/c this was too much. What were they going to do, fire me??? I already had an interview set up that next day at another hospital... SUCKAAAA! So, they ended up lifting the SDM at like 3ish. I called Cam to ahve him start digging the car out, it was completely covered. It took him and our neighbor 2 hours to get both the cars out. Luckily Cam had gotten snow chains the day before. It stopped snowing at 3, but total it snowed 32''. CRAZY!!!! I got to come home that night, and it was so nice to see my husband again! We almost got stuck a couple times, but we made it. Friday the interview got canceled and I will go sometime in the next few days (after christmas). Saturday we had our christmas!!! It was fun! Today we are having dinner at Matt & Emily's house. I made a homemade apple pie and pumpkin pie!!!! Yumm!! I have to work tomorrow and that is sad. But cam and steve are having a Manly Mc-Xmas Party all day long, including Xbox and Rum nog! Yeah for friends!

1 comment:

Mike and Susanne said...

Ok, I can't believe that you had to stay at work for 36 hours!! I would have put on some snowshoes and hiked my way out!! And now you guys are getting another big snowstorm...Mike and I both said that we hoped you don't have to work today!!

I miss you! Hope you had a nice Christmas!