Monday, August 21, 2006

Workity work/good news




Well, work is getting better. I just had 3 days in a row. Friday was pretty tough, I felt like everything was going wrong and no one would be my friend. But Cameron came to have lunch with me, and after that, things started perking up. I definately had my first patient go A.M.A. (which for all of you non-health care people stands for Against Medical Advice). This guy had a brain bleed, and there was no way we could force him to stay. He had just a few days prior gone AMA from another facility, so ya know, whatever. So, basically, it was pretty crazy. I also found him smoking in the bathroom, which is very safe, since all the oxygen runs through the walls of the hospital. Anyway, saturday and sunday were pretty good too. I felt like I was starting to make "work friends" with the people. Definately not able to joke around like I was able to at Deaconess, but maybe I will get there. Cameron signed us up for some groups at church sunday, so hopefully we will start to make some friends. We are going hiking (another 14er) saturday with the church group, and that should be lots of fun!!!! http://www.pathwayschurch.org/ that's our church, check it out. Today we finally (third times the charm) got our fireplace fixed (all you have to do is flip a light switch type deal and it turns on). We almost needed the fire last night!!!! Tonight we are going to a coffee shop with steve, scott, and some other people so I am excited!!!! WANT SOME GOOD NEWS????? Mom and David finally got engaged!!!! They will marry sometime in September on their annual camping trip, IN VEGAS!!!!!!!! They will honeymoon at their favorite campsite in Nevada called something about a fire or something. They like it because of the wildlife they get to see!!! Congrats Mom and David!!!!!!

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

Yeah Aunt Rayma!!!! I am so excited for you! Congrats!
Liz, don't worry about the friends thing. It is EXTREMELY hard to make friends in a new place and just takes time. Besides, you're a newlywed...you don't need friends! :) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

hey sis, i love you.