Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So sad...


Well, I am sad a little bit. I worked yesterday as my second day on the floor. I am definately getting more fluent on the floor with neuro lingo and computer skills. But, sad to say, that I don't think I am going to make any friends. Everyone is a lot older than me, or just kinda weird. But not weird in a good way (say like... me, Susanne, Genesis.... ya know any of those weirdos). And it just scared me because I want to be here a long time, because I love Denver (the 3 weeks I have been here), and I hate moving hospitals and going thru orientation. I know I will make friends somewhere, but I just guess not here. I will keep my mind open though. But I had this thought... why can't Genesis just move up here, I told her I would get her a job. Also, if I can hold out for 3 years, Susanne will be here... then I won't have to make new friends. I feel like i am energetic and bubbly and nice, why won't people just like me??? If you've had a difficult or long time making friends at your new place, please leave a comment on how I can be a better friend maker.

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

well, my worldly wise advise is this...every job you will ever have, there is always going to be wierdos. or people that you just don't like/have anything in common. however, keep your mind open, although you have to spend 40 hours a week with these people, they don't have to be your best friends. Plus, you never know who is going to quit/get fired/get hired/be transferred...your new bff could be right around the corner!!! keep your chin up...you'll be fine xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

hey there liz just relax and be yourself.People once they get to know you and see the lovable liz that drove us all crazy they will love you to.