Wednesday, August 16, 2006

pie baking 101





Julie Malecek is an awesome gal (she is me and cam's friend), but her mom, well, she's pretty darn cool too. Ever since Cam has known Julie, her mom would make him his own pie (she would bring it back to Norman from Plano). Sometimes Cameron would have to share it with Steve, well I guess most times. But, when Cam met me, the first thing that popped into Julie and her mom's head would be that I needed to get that recipe and make a pie for cam when we got married. Then over Christmas, we were in Plano, and we went to Julie's house. Cameron asked Mrs. Malecek to make a pie, and she just whipped one out lickety split. When I saw how she made them, it made me very excited. She has this apple peeler, slicer, corer majigger. So, of course, I proceeded to tell her that's what I needed in life. So, for our wedding, the Malecek Family got us not only the apple dealio, but also the family recipe!!!!! I attempted today to make my very first apple pie. And, I would have to say, it was tastey, but needs some work. Cameron and I ate our slices, and he told me he could eat the whole pie, but I doubt that. For the recipe, let me know, and I can hook you up!!

No comments: