Tuesday, October 14, 2008

long overdue post

I have some pic from:
1. baby shower getting ready
2. FINISHED QUILT
3. Fondue Night
4. The actual baby shower
*
*
Here is the Diaper Cake I made for Renee


size 1 diapers
method brand (organic) diaper rash cream and body wash
onsies
pacifiers
cute ribbon
a blanket for the base

THE FINISHED QUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flannel backing, zoom in and you can see the quilting
*remember, i am not perfect, and it's my first quilt

my new "signature" thing on the back, it's my tattoo
schnooze modeling the porduct :); oh yeah, and i made these pillows too, i got the pillow part at a garage sale for $1 each and they are good quality down, i just took the fabric part off, and put my part on. They weren't gross pillows don't worry.
yippee!

*

The fondue party at Bethany's house. I kinda forgot to take pics of the food, but it was so good!

steve and cam
sara
the girls, julie is in the red, and she was due the next day, and at this point she is 3 days overdue, poor thing
odette is due at christmas, and it's her second which is why were are thinking she is so big already, but they wanted a belly shot, and this is cute!
*
*
BABY SHOWER!

taste the baby food game, it wasn't as bad as i thought.

We were gonna do the "make a scrapbook thing" but we didn't have time to get all the stuff.


the table scape before emily brought her stuff
*those chairs are the ones i am recovering

cucumber sandwiches

*cream cheese and mayo + thinly slices cucs + peperidge farm thin bread

Same cream cheese mixture but added in chopped up olives and put salami on it

Last year I made these for a baby shower for Odette; so i made a little spin off of those: apricot jelly + plum jelly and that's it, they were tasty!
the 4 layer carrot cake

I was getting nervous, b/c i had made 2 layers sunday night after work, and overnight they cooled, but then i made the other layers that morn, and was letting them cool as i made the sandwiches, and i felt like i was running out of time. i was icing like greased lightening, but i got finished with time to spare. i was using cousin Polly's technique of "crumb icing" first, then a pretty layer over that, and it worked great. a crumb layer or whatever it's called is just to ice over the crumbs mixed in, and it's not pretty, but when you ice a layer over that, it looks much better, and it pretty! anyways, the cake was so good!


after em brought her stuff. oh and the punch she made was FANTASTIC! it was: sprite, fruit punch, 1/2 a can of frozen OJ, and cut up strawberries. just mixed together. anyways she just made it up. and it was seriously so good! She also made egg salad sandwiches that were the hit of the party!

I melted candy bars and put them in diapers and people had to guess which bar it was, and this is Deb from work, and she totally licked it and it was hilarious! doesn't she remind you people of my mom? she is a nurse, tall, skinny, short hair, glasses, and funny too :)

Lauren from work, she HATED the games :)

Renee all cute and pregos




emily
the diaper; and people were throwing them across the room at each other. okay, we are all nurses and still getting grossed out by them. they really looked like poo.
me passing out the poo diapers.
yes, i apparently love this sweater, b/c i wore it at the fondue thing too. grandpa bought the purple thing and sweater for me for my bday last year :) good job g-pa!

tara, liz, renee, deb, lauren, emily, kindra and sue had to leave early :(
she got some great presents, but this was the best :), she loved the diaper cake.

PS: polly, she reminds me of you b/c she has diabetes and LOVES DDP, i got some for her to drink at the shower :)

7 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Haha! WHen I was helping with Lo's shower last year I read about that diaper candy bar game and thought it sounded hilarious but I didn't know her friends that well so I thought I'd save it for when I knew the whole crowd better so as not to disgust them. I however think it looks like fun and looks hysterical! Great pics!

lauren and brad said...

Greatj job on the shower! It turned out great!

p.s. is it wierd that it is FREAKING me out how much Lauren and I look alike?

polly said...

will you please come throw me a party? you make every look so cute and everything looks yummy. i'm glad you did the crumb layer! i'm very proud of your super cute quilt!

Lane Adair said...

cute quilt lizzy poo poo! You know you are just asking to become the new family quilt maker! cute. cute. everythings cute.

Katie said...

Liz! You put Martha Stewart to shame.

sus and chris said...

dang... this has become look how crafty i am blog... you should change the name of it. i love you

lauren and brad said...

Ok. Comment Numero Dos.

Your emblem thingy? Cutest thing ever.

Also, serious question. Your taking an upholstery class right? Will you help me upholster a chair? Pretty please!!!!!