Monday, September 01, 2008

School Time

Cam Starts DU orientation tomorrow.
And has to take a CPR class for practicum.
But even though he dreads all the work,
I think he's still excited!
We even had a bbq with his
cohorts and interns friday!
school officially starts Sept 8th!



building he works in
(practicum)

the chapel in winter

*don't know what the ball in the pic is!?!?!?!?

-

-

Now for some BIG news.... I am 95% sure at this time.

But I think I am gonna go back to school.

Like a crazy person.

I will get my Masters Of Science In Nursing

It will be a BSN ot MSN program at the

Prestigious (and Private) Regis University.

Swedish will pay over half of the tuition,

the classes will be 1 night a week, for 3 hours, at Swedish.

(my hospital is 2 miles away)

1 class at a time for 8 weeks, then a week break,

then start over. It will be about 2 years, 40 hours.

I am scared, but it only makes sense.

the classes are also the core classes i would need if i decide to go on and get my NP or CRNA. So, that is cool. I could teach with this degree. And i figured now is better than later, b/c i wouldn't want to take classes when I have kids. And I have no reason not to, it can only make me more valuable as a nurse (and smarter :)). There are no tests, only papers, which makes me realllllll nervous. B/c i would rather have a 500 q mult choice test than write a 1 paragraph essay. But, cameron is pretty much a professional paper writer, and i know a lot of people that can help me. So, let me know what you think!!!!

SCARRRRRRRRRRY & CRAZZZZZZZZZY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

i've had people ask my opinion on this before. i'm no good at advice about school. so instead i say, do what feels right....

both schools look beautiful!

Lane Adair said...

that is awesome liz! I felt the same way about the huge amount of papers and no tests at CU...but you get pretty good at it and become a great bullshitter in the process (i did anyway). you go girl.

Anonymous said...

if it feels right....DO IT!!!love