Tuesday, September 23, 2008

dad & quilt

dad is taking re-certification
classes for flying
look, he's flying all on his own
well, with his instructor right there!
cool huh?

here's the quilt Bethany and i are
using as a template
i think we have the measurements
and now we have to lay out the fabric
and cut it all into sizes!

the binding stuff might be the hard part.
polly (cousin) said pam (my aunt, her mom) could give me tips, she is an amazing quilter, but she lives in SC and what the heck... she needs to live here to help me out... that would be nice. Aunt Pam... you wanna fly here for some special quilt lessons? Bethany and I don't even know what we're doing, we're just making it up as we go, and using the internet and some rulers :)

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

cute quilt, but even cuter daddy! how did you get that pic????

i'm so proud of him. now he needs to fly me out to denver to see you!

Kimiko said...

that's how i always sew! :)

polly said...

your dad could fly y'all to charleston for family vacation! or maybe fly my mom to you, she might need a break in a few weeks since my dad is coming home from the hospital tomorrow from he's knee replacement. she's finally on facebook...next we'll teach her how to webcast so she can show you over the web! i learned a trick about binding. call me when you're ready and i'll try to explain it to you over the phone. or once i try it on my next quilt i'll let you know if the shortcut works!