Monday, September 22, 2008

crafty/sporty

Happy 13th Birthday Alec!!!!!
we can't believe you're a teenager!

yesterday Cam and I went to play racquetball...
even though he only used one arm,
he still beat me.
crap man.
i just had to get warmed up.
but by the time i did,
i could barely breathe,
so he won.
4/4 games.

our mean faces
*ps: those (liz's) shorts are from 9th grade
So.... I hate Bethany...
she took me to this store
and I should have never gone.
I wanted to buy EVERYTHING!
It has (song that just popped in my head...
Little Mermaid.. it has gadgets and gizmos of plenty,
it has whozits and whatits galore, you want thingymobobs
i've got 20, but who cares, no big deal, I WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
well... that's what this store has:
yarn, fabric, patterns, clothes, vintage everything, hand dyed
stuff.... on and on...
but it's just so cute.
Bethany said:
"I walked into this store and thought this is your sister,
but I don't even know your sister"
AND IT IS... everything is Sus.
Everything, even the music they were playing,
she put one of those songs on a mix she made me.
She should work there.
They also teach classes.
I love this store.
Love.
So, we're gonna make a quilt.
A small one.
And if it goes okay, I'll try a real sized one.
fabric from store = small squares in middle and upper left and right.
bottom left 3 are pillow cases
top middle is a sheet/ bottom right is a sheet

MATH.... i needed Lane. Lane, make this one of your bonus q problems... the real size is 36"x46" and I want big and little sqaures/rectangles. So after about an hour, I think I have a decent shape... we're going back tomorrow to take a pic of the one they have hanging. then i gotout my limited supply of colored pencils... which I have 3 browns, but no greens... sus, do you have my greens? I think you do. Then, when they quilted the quilt, they just made one square on the inside of each sqaure, it was soooo cute! (hopefully pic to come)

the bag

fabric sus will steal from me.

the little scraps came in a bundle for $7, I couldn't resist buying 3 of them. They each had 3 kinds of fabric in a bundle, and it's about 1/2yd to 3/4yd?!!??! Anyways, enough for a few quilting squares, or a very small skirt. ohhhh I love this place. At least I have worked a lot of overtime so i can pay for this soon to be addiction. these swatches are just a few of the most amazing fabric you have ever seen. ohhhhh!

2 comments:

Kimiko said...

oh man. you discovered fancy tiger. that's where dara & i took the skirt-sewing class. it has gotten me so into sewing, i just can't stop! i love it! and i love that store! and their fabric! and patterns! and yarn! and music! and people!

ok, i'll stop. i can barely stop, but i'll stop. i was just thinking this morning, "i need to make another trip to fancy tiger..."

why don't you work a few more long shifts so you can give me some extra $$ to spend there?

polly said...

liz-those bundles of fabric already cut are called fat quarters. you should call my mom. she might be able to help with the measurements. she helps me and marielena with our quilts...i hope you enjoy quiliting!