Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ringworm

This is a picture of a textbook case of ringworm. I have never seen it before in person, until Monday night.
Poor little Schnoozeberry was itching away at her belly. I turned her over to see all these red raised circles. Poor thing. She has ringworm. It is HIGHLY contagious too. It is not a worm no no no my friends. It is a fungus (the same as athletes foot). So we have been putting cream all over her and giving her benadryl.
What is Colorado doing to my baby???
She looks a lot better today and isn't even itching. I think we caught right on the money and speaking of money... this treatment was free!
Maybe another update later today!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you have seen it in person because i had it when we were young. it was disgusting...and i really thought it was a worm too! whew!

Lane Adair said...

I had it as well. on my head. ew.

Anonymous said...

I had it too. When I was about 4 or 5. i actually had hair then. I remember crying cause they nearly shaved my head to clear it up.
love ya
Dad

Anonymous said...

i have never had it!!! and if i did i would throw up, b/c i hate the idea of worms in the body (even if they aren't real) we've been having to check one of our kid's poop to make sure he doesn't have worms... you think oh easy enough he poops his pants 3 times a day, but while in the proccess of worrying so much about not getting his poop everywhere, you forget to check it for worms! love sus

Lindsay said...

Hey guess what, yesterday my cooperating teacher was gone so we had a substitute and it was michael stickney. we talked about how cool you were.

Mike and Susanne said...

I think Schnooze needs to move back here and live with us...Colorado is way to dangerous for her! Except I don't want ringworm, so you'll have to clear that up first. Rascal is so worried about her, so keep us updated!!!!

Anonymous said...

does not everybody get ringworm? my fourth all time. i connected from lo and brad with only a vague memory of instruction. lo and lane talking to their cousins!

Anonymous said...

could not figure out how to post my fifth all time to sus. too hard, so the fifth goes to liz. i am proud of you and sus.