Monday, March 19, 2007

Live at Redrocks!

The picture doesn't do it justice, this thing is HUGE!
The side of the ampitheater. Naturally created in 1930.

The view from the top of the theater... lots and lots of steps to get up there (they have heartrate monitors in the visitor center, and they say you burn 40 calories taking the stairs to the top!)


Us at the top, it worse us out!




Schnooze on the trail!



Liz on the trail, it was about 1.4 miles around and you end up by the ampitheater.





Cam being all crazy!
First before I talk about the Redrocks... I have to give a huge shout out to my uncle marky!!!
He posted a comment on my blog and I am so proud of him!!!
Way to use that technology uncle mark!
Today was cameron's first official day of spring break. We wanted to do something cool but no expensive. Since we are poor. Anyway, I have always wanted to go to redrocks in Morrison. What I didn't realize is that it is less than 10 miles away from our house!!!
So we saddled up some snacks and water and the dog and went about 1200.
It was a gorgeous day. We started hiking and took a break about halfway thru to eat a sandwich and water the dog! And then we saw the ampitheater... it was sooooo cool!!! I can't wait to go to a concert there! It's open from 0500-2300. So we thought it would be cool to see the stars there at night! They are having an Easter sunrise service there but it starts at 0500... I will be working so I can't go. It's just a cool place. Very breathtaking...the pics don't do it justice at all.
We were supposed to go see our friend in winter park, but they have a youth group with them and said it would be too hard to get away for an hour. Boo.
Cam gets to see 300 the movie tonight... he is very excited and has been waiting to see this movie for forevers.
I read the best book ever last friday: The Fifth Vial by Michael Palmer.
It's about organ trafficking very good!
My cousin Lane got a job at a private school as a math teacher!!!!
My sister and bro-in-law are in Seatttle (well soon, they missed their flight).
Peace out peeps!






5 comments:

Lane Adair said...

I love red rocks! so cool. there is some good hiking up near nederland (where eldora is) . you guys should check it out! it looks like it finally got sunny for you :) love you guys!

Lane Adair said...

I love red rocks! so cool. there is some good hiking up near nederland (where eldora is) . you guys should check it out! it looks like it finally got sunny for you :) love you guys!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could go hiking. i can't believe my dad posted a comment. i am so proud...after i taught him step by step...he actually listened! glad you guys are getting in some fun times on spring break!

Anonymous said...

Hey there
beautiful pics. Glad you and Cam got to get out and hike in that beautiful part of the country. hope you guys are doing well.
That is a wonderment that Cole(Mark)has arrived in the 21 century! I thought all cowpokes could do was wave their arms like wheat!

Mike and Susanne said...

We'll have to come out sometime and go see Dave Matthews at Red rocks!