Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My dear friend the pet rescuer


I feel like I am becoming just like my dear friend susanne. Which most of the time isnt a bad thing. She used to live in a place where stray dogs were magnitized to her. She would take them in, name them, and then cry when she had to take them to the pound/dog rescue place. We always had to reassure her that they were going to find a great home, and NO pounds killed the unwanted dogs. I remember a specific dog named Barney, and even I was sad when Barney had to go. So, back to the story at hand. yesterday I was at work when the wound care nurse shows up with the cutest puppy that you ever did see. It was a Yorkie and she found it in her neighborhood, and no one claimed it for 2 weeks. it was a little boy and he was using his puppy face to win me over. apparently he had been to someone else's house and didn't work out with their dog, so he was back looking for a mom. well, cameron happened to be dropping a starbucks drink off for me at that time, and saw the little booger. We will call him Snickerdoodle. Snicker won cameron's heart over, and cam said we could have him for a TRIAL RUN. Well, snicker and schnooze DID not like each other. I don't know the full story, but cam called several hours later, and we had to bring Snicker back to the hospital. A wonderful family (of a respiratory therapist) took him. Snicker now gets to play with a 7 year old boy!!! I loved Snicker and he was soooo sweet. This is a pic of what he looks like. More like the one on the right than the left. He has real floppy ears!
Anyway, the synthroid has not kicked in yet, and I am anxiously awaiting the day that I have full Liz energy again.
It is 58 degrees outside today (a miracle in itself) and all the snow is melting away. I almost died when I saw someone riding their bike along the river. There's a river in Englewood leading to Cam's school..... I almost forgot! But the bad news is that it's supposed to start snowing again this weekend. But the highs are in the 40's... so maybe it wont stick?!?!?!?
Schnooze spent the weekend at Uncle Steve's and behaved until she peed and pooped on Scott's rug. But she's feeling a lot better, and was very excited this morning when I took her out and she could see the grass and walk on it! It is much softer than that nasty hard packed snow she's been walking on for forevers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the phelps family. we will keep any dog that shows up on our doorstep! sorry you didn't get to keep snicker. he was cute! hope you start to feel better soon. xoxo

Mike and Susanne said...

Bless you for attempting to rescue that poor dog. You have made me proud! Too bad Schnooze didn't get along with him! And its probably a good thing that we don't live there because I would have talked Mike into adopting him!! I took Sophie on a walk today with Dixie and Rascal, and I don't think I could handle a third dog!! I think about you and your moth-eaten goiter often!

Lea Ann said...

sorry you did,t get to keep the puppy. i would have liked another granddog. had a great time this weekend. best birthday i ever had. it was so special with you adn cam here. love la