Monday, August 18, 2008

garlic

Last night cameron came downstairs
while i was watching gymnastics
to tell me his shoulder wouldn't stop bleeding.
-
why was it bleeding i wondered.
cameron said he was just wiping his shoulder
off with a wet paper towel.
i thought to myself, well, geesh,
how hard was he wiping, and why?
-
i ended up holding pressure for
about 10-15 minutes
(he's been taking aleve everyday, and
sometimes it can inhibit clotting, like aspirin).
-
finally i get it out of him.


to treat any possible infection...
*not cameron's real arm*

he was using this.
yes folks, garlic.

it has anti-infective agents in it, and he thought it would be useful.

so he took a garlic pill, then broke one up and was putting it on his shoulder,

as he thought, "man this is a dumb idea," so he was wiping it off, and it started to bleed.

hmmmmmm....

and sometimes (most times) he doesn't like to take my advice for nursing things.

When he came to me, he was "holding pressure" with a paper towel wrapped ICE CUBE.

oh , cam, what are we gonna do with you.

*this story was used by permission of cameron f cannon

3 comments:

Lane Adair said...

I did that once! I had a sore on my face and my eyebrow wax lady who was all into natural healing told me to cut a garlic clove and put in on the sore. It dryed it out really bad and burned.

so don't feel too bad, cameron.

lauren and brad said...

that is sooooo bizarre.

Pops said...

It sounds like you guys are having a tough go of it. Cam's sholder is a worry. Let us know what the doc says. I had a laugh with the garlic home cure, and as you know the fact I am also gulity of disregarding a nurses advise I feel for both of you. Wounds that don't heal are so frustrating. I'm so glad you found his script. Lucky it didn't blow away.
Your curtians are cute! Hang in there.