Wednesday, August 20, 2008

dr.

1. last night cameron did something else weird to his shoulder. i don't know how, but it just started bleeding and there were these blood bubbles coming out.
i felt crepitus (feels like rice crispies under the skin, but it's just air trapped in the
subcutaneous tissue, normally not a big deal with someone with a chest tube,
but i am pretty sure he doesn't have a chest tube).
so we call the on call doc.
they tell us to go to see them in the am.
this is frustrating b/c cam's in his orientation for his job.
we go today and it takes a total (with driving) 2.25 hours.
he misses important stuff.
they also tell us to come back tomorrow to see his regular surgeon.
that sucks too.
they give him antibiotics.
they take a culture of his goop coming out of the hole in his scar.
they say if it's bad, he may need a PICC line (iv catheter that goes into right above your heart.
like a long IV), and get IV abx. boo.
2. I go to get his Rx filled and get some groceries. And as I am walking in
I can't find the script. dangit. finally i pour everything out of my bag, and still don't find it.
I am sooooooooo mad.
I go ahead and shop anyways, and think I will just get the abx later.
3. The people always get mad when i bring my own bags. and the checker seriously puts like 50# of stuff into each bag. she put salsa on top of my fruit. what a douche bag. i had plenty of bags.
4. i get home, step out of the car, a branch almost hits me in the face. and i see the dang
prescription laying in the bush by the car. thank goodness it didn't blow away. but i am still so
pissed. we have no a/c in the honda, and it is hot now and sunny. and i don't want to drive back
to target.
5. i was supposed to help bethany paint her house, but i am so far behind from taking cam to the doc and going to target in the first place, i have to stay here and clean my house. boo.
6. i will post pics later of the curtains i made. and of bethany's house painted (semi).

hope all is well.
check out my sis and b-i-l in India under: Kramers in India on the left hand side of the blog.

shalom

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

sucky.

i hope cam is ok. update us tomorrow after he sees the surgeon. :(

Leslie said...

oh. sick. i hope he's ok too! no more garlic salt in wounds. ((is that what caused the rice krispies?))