Monday, March 03, 2008

home from the sooner state

I flew out to Oklahoma Friday at about 10:00am
Susanne met me at the airport with Sophie.
It was pretty crazy b/c I get a call from the cousin lauren, as i am waiting for sus
she is yelling into the phone that she can see me, and she in under the SW sign!
She was picing up her friend katie, and we happened to be there at the same time!
it was cool, b/c then i got to see baby ben!!!!
anyways, susanne, lo, ben, sophie, and i hung out for about 10 minutes!

friday 2.29.08
we all went to 501 cafe: susanne, sophie, sister sus, and me
sophie had pulled her pony tail thing out and had a crazy mohawk!!!!

drooling up a storm!


sus and soph, aren't they the cutest?

seriously, don't you just want to eat her?

we went to the park afterwards, and she was just having a blast.
i musta brought the warm CO air with me, b/c it was about 70 degrees!

it looks as though my dear friend is pushing her
first born daughter into the duck pond... hmmmmm
"here ya go sophie, just a little bit closer"

me, sus, and soph
(i guess sus decided it would be too much trouble to push soph in, that's why she's not wet)
i am holding my socks, b/c i had to take them off, too hot


looking for ducks

me making sure she does not touch goose poop

sus's 16-week belly
sophie's 15 month old belly!

sus & chris's house dog: ninnah

HUG-A-PUG
chris (sus's hubby) & ninnah


me and susy sitting on the porch listen to the boys
play bob dylan. we then headed to Braum's...
yum.
a classic "sus" face :)


she claims she is not a hippie, b/c hippies live in vans,
don't drive anywhere
(wait how do they live in vans, but not drive, sus... hmmm?),
and they don't eat out. Those are the only criteria that make up
a hippie, according to sus. But she lives in one room (like a van),
only drives b/c she lives in Okla, and doesn't hardly ever eat out.
she is a total hippie.
I mean c'mon, we made homemade hummus and pitas for dinner.

saturday 3.1.08
Gram reading her letter to OSU to get financial aide
after she was accepted to the
OSU PhD Clinical Pschycology Program in 1973
in honor of Cam getting into school

liz & sus after a pancake breakfast made by grammy fre-fre
(she hates that name, but deuce made it stick)

sus, liz, and dad

dad and maggs


dad, liz, gram

then we went to lauren and brad's house

sus kissing benny boop


baby yawn


note the first clothing change.... he just got a diaper
change, and changed from his jammies


katie and ben
(lo's friend from college in town for a wedding)

note the second clothing change,
he pooped out on the oregon clothes
and sus changed his clothes and diaper
sunday 3.2.08
at gram's after church, Lo and ben


ben LOVES all sports, watching with his papa brad


at 4pm sus and i headed out to the airport
but first we stopped at the froese's
to see laura (it's her bday today, she's old), andy, tucker, and yoda
see their blog for the Goodle tucker (it's really a golden doodle, but
it just makes more sense to shorten it to Goodle)
and yoda is a white mini schnauzer
tucker is the funiiest dog that you ever did see
i could stare at him for hours
and yoda hates me.
we did not take any pics, b/c we left our stuff in the car
as to not contaminate anything (laura has the flu)
then we stopped by Sauced in OKC
it is a cute pizza/coffee/alcohol/artist place
sus holding a vase


it looks like an add for odwalla, but nope,
just sitting in front of the fridge

cool atmosphere (pic without flash, which suits the coffee shop)


Then we look, and there is massive amts of lightning
and we had been talking to cameron all day
about my flight being delayed (there was about 3in of snow in denver)
and it had been delayed from 7:30 to 9:40
and then when sus dropped me off
delayed until 10:18, but they swore it was still gonna come.
then it got delayed til 11:30
then 12:00am
then 12:30am
then 1:18am
and the plane got in to okc about 12:50am and
we boarded and left about 1:30am
poor cam had to wait up for me so he oculd pick me up.
we got into bed at 3am, and he woke up for class at 7am.
but i am back and it feels good to be home.
susanne r: i sat next to a guy that went to UNC and knew Reed!

3 comments:

Mike and Susanne said...

Great pictures!! It was fun to hang out with you! I wondered if your plane was going to be delayed...I was at work that night and we had a code black alert (which really didn't mean anything but if it had been a real code black we would have had to move everyone into the halls). I could hear tornado sirens as I was passing meds! Crazy! And thanks for jinxing me....I had a patient with hemataturia! Ok, I'll have to write you an email because this is getting too long! Glad you made it home safe!

lauren and brad said...

such a great week-end! soooo happy you got to come for a visit!!!! ben absolutely loved you!!!!
sorry you got delayed. :(

but i LOVE all the pics of benny boop! they are cute! isn't he the most adorable baby in the universe!?!?!?

Kimiko said...

OK, now you know that I've been lurking on your blog! Anyway, I just had to say...BRAUM'S!!!! YUMMMM!!!!!