Monday, February 11, 2008

"my friend liz has head surgery" and other various things

!!!!!!!!!CAUTION!!!!!!!!!
if you are grossed out easily, skip the bloody pics (first 5 pics)


this was the first pic i came to that would suffice as a CAUTION pic, preceeding the gross
pics below... but it is in south carolina, when cam and i went in 2006,
it is called the Angel Tree, and it is very large!
that is me.
I had a cyst removed from my head today. i didn't feel anything except the "bee sting" of the lidocaine and one sharp pain as she was cutting it out. But i did tell people i was getting my head sliced open. odette & sara were my moral support, seeing as cameron was in school and everone else was at work. Anyways it wasn't so bad, just really really bloody!!!!
there was a point in time i thought ody and i could go to starbucks after this. boy was i wrong. really wrong. so wrong the dr asked if i was gonna wear a hat. anyways, it looked like i was in a car wreck. so i came home and rinsed my hair before i went to work for some ethics and compliance crap. anyways.... long story... see the pics.
they didn't have to shave my hair off. it's held back with a bobby pin.
there are 3 sutures. but you can't really see anything. this was before the shower.
see my bloody hair??? not highlighted.

you can see the sutures better here.


after the shower. you can really see that i cannot shower well, but also you can distinctively see the sutures... they are the 3 black hair like things sticking up, tied in a knot.
i know i look bald in that spot, but she didn't pull but 3-4 hairs out.
and yes i know, i really didn't shower well.




more pics

oh yeah, and i forgot, i talked so much about how mad i was that i forgot my camera, that eventually, the doc asked if i wanted to take the cyst home. OF COURSE I DID!!!! i know it's soooo gross, but it's sitting on our counter in the kitchen (even more gross i know). it's the size of a large pea (or 2 small ones)... kinda oblong.




the camera case and kleenex box are a
reference of how small the
container is.



close up of cyst... see that tail.. i think that is what was holding
it into place in my head. gross huh?

with lid off. it's in a formaldehyde soln... so it won't deteriorate.
i can keep it forever.... nah probably not.
and to show how much of a nurse i am....
pics below of what i made for dinner.
pls don't barf.
sus gave me this recipe for chicken alfredo pizza... all homemade, even the crust!!!

with tomatoes, spinich, and chicken




a funny pic of schnooze
looking out the window




a before pic of cam (before his interview at DU)


after pic (still before the interview... it's friday)
(before the suit was altered)
handsom huh?????
you;d accept him into the phd program right?



fellowship group last night was bring food that is: white, pink, or red
laura beth and steve made these amazing treats (2 trays worth)


look at all the goodies, esp the cupcakes in the back
there was also this dip for apples that was:
cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla
it was delish!
left to right:
Heather, Katie (she is not weird looking usually, just in this pic), Whitney, and Laura Beth

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

its pretty gross to put a cyst and yummy looking food on the same post... it made tyler's balls tingle! love sus

Lane Adair said...

eeeewwwwww. how did you develop a head cyst? did it just spring up one day? I think I could have done without the graphic pics.

I think you don't read the comments I leave you. I did get your text and everything in the package that came shattered. we had a memorial service for it.

we had thought about flying to CO for ski week, and then decided to save our moo-lah for our super fun road trip we are planning this summer.

love!!

Leslie said...

what?? how did you know it was there?

Mike and Susanne said...

0k, even I was grossed out by the pictures of the cyst on the counter. I don't think I'll show Mike this post...he's pretty wimpy when it comes to gross things! Love the pics of Schnooze on Cameron's shoulder looking out the window. That's totally something that Rascal would do (and you can tell Cameron that they are totally still an item!) Cameron looks schnazzy (is that a word?) He'll totally get in!

Love you!

lizcannon said...

1. i knew the cyst was there b/c it felt like a bump on my head. but did not hurt.
2. it did just pring up one day, and i dont know where it comes from but it kept getting bigger, until it grossed me out too bad, and i got it out.
3. yes lane i dont know why but i didnt see that comment, sorry the mail peple suck, that makes me want to cry. i guess less stuff to clutter your space.
4. sorry tyler

Katie said...

I do look pretty weird in that picture. But NOT as weird as your cyst! OMG. Glad you survived!

trish said...

wow that is crazy, i hope your head is healing! p.s. the pizza looks really yummy