Tuesday, December 19, 2006

MVA = motor vehicle accident

So... this is my day.... go to the grocery store to get millions of things we are out of (plus some scruptous things for tortilla soup), unpack it all, eat some lunch (with pistacio nuts), go to the yarn store (spend lots of money), drive down the road busting out to Indigo Girls, stop at a light to turn left... HEAR A LOUD BOOM... oh wait.... I got rear-ended... by a drunk lady on drugs... awesome(who happens to think she is pregnant... (pregnant + drugs = awesome for fetus???)so she is taken to Swedish..on my floor). So, i cry a lot, am shaking, (it's also really cold), some man next to me says she almost ran him off the road and was driving all crazy and he thinks she's on something and i should call 911. So, I do this while she's looking for insurance. she comes to my car getting too close for comfort (i am getting that really uncomfortable feeling, like right before a patient gets combative), and at that moment, an officer comes. I get her info down (even though it was expired). The officer tells her he had three calls on her already and they had been looking for her. she proceeds to cuss out the officer and get crazy. they cuff her and put her in their car(and they tell me she has to go to jail). they were so nice and sweet (and then i remembered... my friend deb's husband is a cop in sheridan... i wonder if these guys know him). So, I ask one of the guys, and he says... no he's right over there (with crazy girl). Small world!!! They took care of me!!! Anyway, they had to wait for a lady cop to come so she could pat down the crazy girl. I have to wait awhile, but it wasn't so bad. My bumper was pretty gross and parts of it were broken off, but it was okay. and i was okay. Anyway I get home and after all the hubbub of calling both insurance people, her's calls back and.... SHE HAS INSURANCE!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! I was so worried! Anyway, all this time, Cameron was climbing Mt. Bierstadt in snowshoes with some friends! So, my plan was to make them all my mom's famous tortilla soup... but that didnt happen right away. Cameron came home with a dozen roses in hand, and lots of hugs!! I ended up getting the soup made for the other 5 people, and they loved it! So, during all this craziness.... last week or so i had applied at another hospital, and they called in the midst and set up an interview for Friday (the day i get to see the Phelps!)...but that is good! Anyway I praise the Lord she hit me and not anyone else b/c she oculd have killed someone, and praise the Lord I wasnt hurt, the car wasnt bad or anything. We have an appt after christmas to get the car fixed and to have a rental car during this time. So things are good!
1. Cam said it was cold and snowy and crazy, and i will post pics later of his excursion!!!
2. Sus is sick with an upper respiratory infection... she sounded so bad, it made me want to drive her some tortilla soup!
3. The tree is filled with presents from our awesome family.
4. Steve is spending christmas with us
5. Cam and Steve have plans for Christmas day (while i work) and all of them involve egg nog and rum!
6. it's supposed to snow soon
7. I love mail and christmas cards
8. I also love posts... post baby!

2 comments:

Lane Adair said...

what an eventful day! i'm glad you're okay and you got to share the wonderfulness that is tortilla soup (i don't if I've ever had your moms, but if its anything like grams...mmmmmm)

Mike and Susanne said...

I'm so glad you are okay! Good thing that lady didn't start cussing you out! She sounded kind of freaky! I'm also glad that Cameron was able to avoid avalanches on his hike! That crazy guy! Are you guys totally snowed in? We heard you got like 26 inches of snow! I bet Schnooze loves it! Can't wait to hear how your interview goes! Merry Christmas!