Tuesday, October 10, 2006

scarf making



I am knitting a scarf, unlike Meredith on Grey's Anatomy, I don't need it to keep me occupied from boys. I am doing it for the sheer satisfaction of a job well done. Also, you can give them as gifts to people!!! So, I started by making a trial one, i guess for me, in case it was really bad, i would wear it. It turned out pretty well. Now, I am on scarf #2, it's for tha cambomb. He wanted brown and green stripes, and he picked out the yarn too!!!! His is over 50% completed. Next will be my dad's. Hopefully I can just give him his over Thanksgiving. There is a long list of people so far who want one, which makes me very excited that people think I can make something good enough for them to wear!!! I forgot to say that I tried knitting once last chirstmas time, and all i could do was make triangles... for those of you who knit you understand! Anyway, i decided i needed to try it again, so I started the week cam's parents came out. And low and behold, I got Lea Ann (cam's mom) hooked too! She was already on her 2nd ball of yarn before I got home from work one day! Go Lea Ann!!! So, here are some pics of the scarves. Cam's is still a work in progress and there are a lot of strings hanging down that i will put into place before i am finished (don't worry).

Also on a side note. I went to dessert at Darci's house last night and met with the other girls from seminary (rachel and heidi). They are awesome and I had a great time. yeah for girls!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can add me to the list of people who want a scarf! I'm totally impressed! And I thought all you could make were washcloths! Have you joined the knitting club at your church?

Anonymous said...

I want one!! :)

lauren and brad said...

love it! I am impressed with the stripes...i can't do that! fun times.

Anonymous said...

Way to go liz. I haven't been able to knit since getting home.