Thursday, February 26, 2009

lists

a. i got a composter with some of our tax return money, and it is so awesome.
i think i am too lazy to do one in the backyard... so this works perfectly!
some of my friends are even saving stuff to compost for me :)
b. i realized the other day we have 2 credit cards, which is so dumb. we don't even use one
of them, the last time we used it was in may 2008. so i decided to call and cancel it.
let's just say, capital one wants the word to go into debt. they haggled me the whole time.
and no matter what i said she tried to get me to keep it. and then when i finally said
"I understand ou have to ask me all this stuff and try to convince me to keep my
account, but you don't have to, b/c i just want to cose my acct." she got sooooo rude.
we are keeping our REI card, b/c we get a better dividend at the end of the year; which
= more free money to spend wherever or at REI. I got a pair of shoes last year ;).
c. the boys: cameron, kimel, steve, and stephen are going snowshoeing, then camping,
without a tent, making a snow cave, saturday to sunday. they are crazy.
d. sus is coming in 1 week!!!!
e. i have been perusing craigslist for patio furniture for our garden fiascos this summer; and
for a kitchenaid mixer, hopefully these people will email back today!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

composter = jealous! not that i'd know what to do with the dirt, but jealous. we have a mini-can under the sink and use biodegradable bags to collect compostables. then twice a week we take it down the three flights of stairs to the big green can that SF gave us to collect such stuff! kinda cool, we're in the process of learning what can go into the SF-designated cans (obvious stuff like coffee, peels, organics, PLUS cardboard, leftovers in takeout containers,etc.). they even made it easier by making it illegal for restaurants to use styrofoam for takeouts, so we have recycled/recycleable stuff to bring our food home in. cool, huh?

still want your device. still looks cooler.

Anonymous said...

I wish compost worked up here in estes!

On the credit card thing...keeping the account open but cutting up the card might be better for your credit score.

hope you and cameron are doing well!

lauren and brad said...

I'm jealous that SF doesn't use styrofoam! SO COOL.
I miss REI...though I never knew what to buy there because I am just NOT that outdoorsy. :(

candy hammond said...

I had the same credit card thing happen to me. Called to cancel and it took about thirty minutes of me demanding it to be cancelled to actually get it done!