Sunday, February 22, 2009

june 1977

june of 1977, dad was in a really bad car wreck.
these are pics i found at gram's house.
it made me sick to see them;
knowing my dad was in that car.
but he survived, thank God.

the car









grandpa fred (dad's dad)










dad in the hospital
(OU med center)
evy and judy
(it was evy's bday i think)

this was at home i am pretty sure/ at grams
this is Ruby!







dad up in the chair!








at home with his nurse.
he was in this partial cast, but had been in an almost full
body cast... it was from mid-abdomen to thighs i think.
he had broken his back, ruptured his spleen, popped his lung,
and shoot, a whole bunch of other stuff. but it was pretty crazy.

walking in arcadia; on the road to recovery
(just think he was our age in this pic.... 26)
a baby.

this picture cracks me up... what was he doing?
-
-
praise God he made it through!
good job daddy!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

omg! crazy and SO glad he made it...

Pops said...

Praise God for sure!!!
I get teary eyed when I see these pics, and think of the pain I caused myself and my family! I truely praise Him for saving me. I'M Just OVERWHELMED to think of all the wonderful people and adventures I would have lost had God not let me live. Liz, you and your sister are on the top oof that list.I am so thankful for God's love, and the love given me by my 2 daughters!

lauren and brad said...

That isn't his nurse in that one pic...it's Aunt Glynnese! :)

Is that my mama in the first few pics perusing the car?

Wasn't Ruby so cute!


SOOOOOOO happy he made it through all of that! I love seeing pics of our parents at our age. It cracks me up! They certainly were skinnier than we are!