Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I am awesome at posting, so read em all

I went to the dr yesterday to get my thyroid re-checked.
She thinks I have lost too much weight,
even though I weigh the same as I normally do,
I was just losing wedding weight.
So, get this:
her exact words when I told her I worked out,
but worked really hard at eating lots of protein,
and we don't buy chips and pop anymore.
Dr. Barton: "well, maybe you should eat that stuff
(the chips and pop)for the calories"
"and maybe add some butter and creams to your diet"
*
WHAT THE F???? Did you GO to medical school?
I mean she is a really good doc otherwise, but I
mean, WHAT???
Does she know anything about cardiovascular health
and heart attacks and plaque in your arteries??
*FYI- I will not be doing the "stick of butter per day diet"
SICK.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dr. o'keeffe used to tell me that thin and low calories was good, long living - so nice of you to comment on the lo blog - proud of you - love

Mike and Susanne said...

That's awesome! Mmmm...butter!

Thanks for the nurse's day card and the mother's day card! You are so sweet. Sorry I haven't emailed in a while...we've been sick here (me and Sophie). I'll write you back soon!

Zach Barnes said...

so what are your all's plans for the future? i assume you're gonna stay in CO for cam bam's phd and then what? seems like you all like it there a lot. i'm moving back to norman next semester. my european extravaganza is coming to a close. it's really sad for me actually. hear back from you soon. caio