Wednesday, November 28, 2007

christmas is coming!!!!

These are the stockings I made 3 years ago when Cam and I were just dating :)
The tree with the lights going!

The tree, it's the perfect size, and aparently it doesn't shed?!?!?!


Cam looking like a burgler in his hat
PS do you see the yellow cupcake paper angel thing? well I
made that in pre-school, yes folks it's still around!
I would tie it to the top of the tree, but I don't want it to get hurt...
it is already bandaged with tape on the back, from
a couple years ago
The full sha-bang!




We get a new ornament every year. We decided it was going to be a tradition, b/c not only do we not have any ornaments, but we wanted something special.

Year 1: wedding couple (even though we were just engaged), I thought it was appropriate
Year 2: Mini Schnauzer
Year 3: A snowshoeing outfit: snowshoes (old wooden style) jacket and hat (maybe gloves
too but i can't remember) but it's super cute!!!!!!

I write the year on the bottom of the ornament..... hopefully we'll have 75 to pass down to our kids someday :)



PSS: i used my pedicure gift cert. today at the Aveda Salon and Spa in Hotel Monaco off 17th and Champa in downtown Denver.... super fancy, super nice, super relaxing!!!! BUT i had to park like 4 blocks away, and i wore my uggs there b/c the wind chill is in the teens.... so on the way back i had to wear those stupid throw away flip flops... and not only were my feet cold, the dang things wouldn't stay on, and my feet were losing all their pretty cleanliness/softness/ relaxation...... anyway, once i was in the car, i was okay. but geesh.


My work has a gym downstairs, but you have to pay for it, but they have students of a massage school there all the time to get their hours in. Anyway, a 60 min massage is $23!!!!!!!! So instead of a $125 massage from Aveda, I am gonna kick it with a $23 massage... I've had one, and they're not too shabby!

Ben is 10 days old, but Lo has only put up to Day 4 of life.... it's crazy b/c I feel a need to see him :)
See http://laurenandbrad.blogspot.com/ for their baby pics!

7 comments:

sus and chris said...

sister it all looks so good!! i love your tradition too, that sounds fun, maybe we will do it too! since we got one from elyse's mom last year. i love you lots and wish i had you under our tiny little tree for christmas!

Ryan and Katie said...

Love your xmas pics! We have a tradition of buyingan ornament every year too! But we go to Hallmark after xmas to get one on sale so it's always a random one for whatever is left :) We have a santa and a bird in a mailbox.

lauren and brad said...

your decs look so cute. come do my house. it is kinda lame-o. my family always does the ornament thing. grandma edna mae used to get laner and i one every year and we got to open it on christmas eve as our ONE present. we now have a ton of very special ornaments. mom kept it going after grandma died and now brad and i each get one too. i love that tradition.

i did more of ben. now i'm up to a week...it takes forever! :)

Ryan and Katie said...

P.S. I forgot to mention I looove that blanket and the cute litle scarf and hat! You are talented!

Anonymous said...

Liz, I love u and Cam . See ya soon,
Pops

Andy and Laura said...

cute tree!...we have our skinny little tree up too. one of these days i will post pictures of it. and all the gifts are wrapped and sitting under it--even yours and camerons and schnoozes. i will send them soon. arent you proud of me posting comments....

Mike and Susanne said...

Your apartment is so cute and Christmasy! We got your Christmas card in the mail the other day...you guys are so cute!!!