Wednesday, September 12, 2007

no cable?!?!?!?!?!?

I am taking the bold step to save a ton of cash, and getting rid of my life long friend: cable.

It is a sad day, but we will reap the benefits of more money and our $9 netflix.

We will also be getting rid of my security blanket: the house phone (with the oh so great caller ID)(this way I can screen my calls).

It is scary and sad, and I know we can always get it again.

On a lighter note.... I LEAVE TOMORROW FOR OKLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sus and I will be seeing the ever so awesome Amy Ray and Emily Sailors!! (Indigo Girls)

Hopefully we will get some pics with them, like in 2004 (i got to put my arm around AMY!)

G-pa is also hooking up with us and taking us shopping (our yearly christmas/birthday shopping since we were oh like 10). We will never outgrow it!!!

Momma and David celebrated their 1 year anniversary on Thursday, and Momma celebrated her 52nd bday on 9/9!!!! We will get to see them their first day back from their 2 week camping excursion, and eat dinner with them!!!!

Can't wait to see everybody, esp my prego cousin LO (1/4 of my reader population), and my friend with an almost famous baby, susanne (she is entering her baby in a contest for her pic to be on some baby food (not gerber)). Please read their blog on the right of my screen!

LOVE,
oklahoma returning Liz

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

lizzie! i'm so proud of you! we've been without tv (not even basic channels) since february and it hasn't been hard at all! you will find that you keep just as busy but get alot more done. and the house phone? seriously i can't believe you even still have one...i think you are the only person this generation that does!
i can't wait to see you either! and you'll definately feel the baby boy give you a good kick, or do a flip for you!

Andy and Laura said...

hey, sorry we didnt get to see you while you were here. i guess we will see you in a couple months. you really needed to come see the new floors though....geesh. when you come back maybe we will have our crown molding up too :) it has only taken us 6 months....hope your trip was great. yoda missed you. love laura

Lane Adair said...

I wish you the best of luck with no cable. we just got it last week. survived a whole 9 months though. you totally can do it. as long as you have netflix