Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sol Vista, CO

Thursday we left for Sol Vista, CO
which is after Winter Park, before Granby
a couple from our church has a house
there and it was sooooo awesome.
they were literally 2 minutes from the lift.
-
-
I don't know why i did this, but i did.
We (me, cam, steve) rode the lift up
then BOMBED down the mountain
some call it:
lift riding
some call it:
downhill biking
liz, cam, steve
(i am the only one with a hardtail,
which makes me look dumb on the mountain)
(hardtail = only a front shock)

view from top of lift
my head
part of the "easy trail"
pretty flowers

the lift
(took this while i was waiting
on cam and steve to come down a second time)
i went 4 times, and they went like 8 each

top of lift before a run
other peeps that went hiking
cam, wes, jes, tom, erin, macy, steve

on the lift

notice i am still smiling?

then i read this sign

see the:

may cause serious injury or DEATH???

I still did it anyways :)


black diamond peeps
yes that is right, liz cannon , black diamond
I did ahve to jump off the trail a few times so the
crazies wearing their "armor" with their crazy
huge bikes didn't smash me.
but they were always nice, and asked if i was okay.

view from top

(ps i live in this state suckaaaaassss)

cam; don't worry, he took it easy

bombing on a switchback:

check out my tricep peeps!

these were really kinda posed pics, nothing

too exciting, but i was pumped

that i even attempted this...

and i didn't ever crash!



after getting cleaned up
liz and erin
(my butt was sure sore though)

tom, jess, macy

erin, cameron, andy

troy, liz, tony

watching the fireworks at Grand Lake

Steve, Rhonda, Wes, and Cam

doesn't wes look great?

andy, cam, jess, erin, macy
us being all cutesy
me and jess
we were laughing b/c i said in the
previous pic she looked like a midget.
she's not.
she works for outward bound... cool huh?
she's good at every sport, esp soccer and frisbee

erin, macy, kim

the pourd "parents" of all of us

Kim and Rhonda

aren't they cute?

-

-

So, we came back Saturday, picked up schnooze

from matt and emily's house.

Then we ate pizza at beaujo's YUMMMMMMMMO!

Then today we started packing (we ge the keys tomorrow)!

and there is a huge load already ready to go.

If you wanna help, call me?!?!?!?

Then oklahoma in 4 days! woo hoo!

shout out to gabs and andy getting us to come to okla!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,

I looked through your pics from the weekend and was so proud of you :). Don't say that you looked like a dork w/ a hardtail, just say that you are hardcore and can handle it! Makes me want to ride my mtn bike more. Sometime we'll have to leave the kiddos (Aspen and Schnooze) w/ the boys and WE'LL go for a ride.

Love, Autumn

Leslie said...

holy crazy! v. brave lady, v. brave.

Zach Barnes said...

hey, sorry i missed you guys in oklahoma. tell cam thanks for givin me a call. my mom told me he called. how was the wedding? i'm still in europe for 2 and a half more weeks. hope to see u all soon. take care. rock out. peace.

Lane Adair said...

that looks like so much fun!! you guys are quite the mountain biking crew. I love beaujos!!!!